While I was going through the blogs I read over on Google Reader, someone had a great topic for Ten on Tuesday: Things I Wish I Liked. So let’s go!
Ten Things I Wish I Liked
1. Getting dressed up. I am just not the girly girl type–never have been never will be. When I do get dressed up I can only think of when I can put my jeans on again.
2. Fish. The smell sends me into a migraine.
3. Exercise. I used to be a runner, but since I got arthritis my doctor told me that is a no-no. Yoga is about as active as I get nowadays.
4. Getting up early.
5. Doing the books. Bookkeeping is by far the most annoying thing about having your own business. You can lump in “doing your taxes” into this one.
6. Lobster and other seafood. I live in New England. It’s pretty much blasphemy to not like lobster, oysters, clams, and all that other stuff. I’ve tried fresh Maine lobster and it’s squeaky in my mouth.
7. Summer. I used to love summer (a lot of stuff changes when you get older and have arthritis, I suppose). I loved the heat and I used to never sweat. Now summer just feels disgusting and it’s not conducive to knitting with heavy wool. During summer, I only do one thing: Long for winter.
8. Scouring a fleece. It’s like cleaning a hairy baby with dingleberries.
9. Brown bread. I’ve tried and tried and it still tastes like cardboard to me. I am a Wonder Bread girl.
10. Clothes shopping. You can tie this one to number one above. I dread clothes shopping. Dread. it. If you looked into my closet and dresser drawers you would see lots of the same thing. I have all colors of the tank tops at Old Navy, all the colors of long sleeved t-shirts from Target and the same style of jeans. Even my “dressy” clothes are made from t-shirt material. I really hope no one calls “What Not To Wear” on me!
How about you?